Saturday, June 19, 2010

 

Skipper away for Weekend

The season of weekends and even weeks away is upon us and today I motor down to Oxford for a Hammond family reunion. My grandmother had five children and it's their progeny who are meeting for a brief get together in Oxford. I display a pic of Aberystwyth in its sunkissed glory from Thursday as I don't have any right now of Oxford.

So no blogging for a couple of days. I'm not a football fan and this morning feel rhather grateful that I'm not. This brief period of optimism, with St George's flags and horn tooting camaraderie happens every World Cup before sinking into despaiur and disillusion- it's almost like some hugely unpalatable metaphor for life somehow. Needless to say, I'll be glad when it's all over.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?