Sunday, March 28, 2010

 

Has My Campaign Worked?


Readers of this blog might recall that every October(last 24/10/09) I repeat a cri de coeur begging that the ridiculous loss of an hour's daylight be reversed so that GMT+1 continue throughout the winter. Now it seems my prayers might be answered. According to an article in the Observer an all-party agreement is close: the plan is to have GMT+1 during the winter and GMT+2 during the summer. "Hallejulah!

But I'm not breaking open the bubbly just yet. Governments say they are going to do a lot of things and never do, so I'm not going to count any chickens. Also, if Scottish votes become especially valuable in the coming election this could become a pawn in a deal to win them. But my fingers and toes are tightly crossed.


Comments:
I'd support fully your campaign if it was for abandoning all the clock changes and leaving the time alone. I can't see any benefit from going to GM + 1 and GM +2 unless it is the alignment with most of Europe
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?